You can pick and choose from our wide range of A-Levels, certificates and diplomas to ensure you achieve the best qualifications to progress on to university or work. We recommend you choose up to four subjects.
A-Levels are academic, examination-based qualifications recognised as a traditional qualification to gain entry to universities and higher education. A-Levels focus mainly on academic subjects and qualify for UCAS points.
Certificates and Diplomas
Certificates and diplomas are equivalent to A-Levels but are assessed through coursework and some examinations. Certificates and diplomas enable you to qualify for UCAS points or go on to a higher apprenticeship or employment.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
- Subject specific entry requirements
In addition, there are special entry requirements for certain subjects. Download here.
You only need to apply once – just tell us within the application your preferred combination of subjects. If you need help you can call us on 01234 291291 or email us.Apply to study at The Bedford Sixth Form in September 2022