This course would prepare any student considering a Degree or employment in Journalism, Literature, Teaching, Government, History, Theatre, Art, Languages, Heritage, International Relations, Psychology, Sociology and many others. JK Rowling and Boris Johnson are both Classics graduates so the subject can take you far.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
Supported study sessions each week in the form of a voluntary surgery. A well resourced Moodle page with extra reading and all the lessons materials, plus revision help.
Enrichment will involve many trips to view material culture in Museums in Cambridge, Oxford and London. There will also be a trip to Rome or Athens in the February half-term.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more subjects
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more