This course will give you a wide appreciation of dance through practical and theoretical studies, with an emphasis on choreography and performance.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
- Subject Specific Entry Requirements
- An audition is required for this subject.
I started dancing when I was seven along with my twin sister Jasmine. We learned ballet, contemporary, street and tap and mostly do commercial dance. We’ve done quite a bit of commercial work together, including TV commercials for the Olympics and the 2018 Lidl Christmas advert, and, more recently, modelling for clothing lines.
Dance is still my main focus but it wasn’t something offered by my school at A-Level. Studying for an A-Level in Dance is helping me to develop both the practical and theory sides and I’m really enjoying it. When I finish Sixth Form I hope to go on to a dance school, such as Urdang Academy, Stella Mann or Bird College of Dance & Musical Theatre. My tutor Gen is a great support and will help me choreograph a suitable audition piece.
Theatre trips and workshops will also form an important part of the enrichment programme.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more subjects
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more