The core of this course will cover a range of topics, including: Matrix algebra, complex numbers, differential equations, vectors and series. During the course you will have opportunities to present your own ideas and take an active part in finding elegant and interesting solutions to mathematical problems.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
- Subject Specific Entry Requirements
- 8 (A) in Maths
You will be taught in a small group which will be encouraged to meet together at other times during the week in a study group to support each other.
There are also times during the week when you can access staff for support where necessary.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more subjects
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more