Modern language courses are designed to provide practical and enjoyable lifelong skills, whether used in the workplace or for leisure. Speaking another language really makes you stand out from the crowd. You will study a range of social issues and political, historical and artistic culture within Germany and German-speaking countries. You will learn to speak and write in German in a range of situations and to express facts and opinions.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
- Subject Specific Entry Requirements
- 6 (B) in German
Students from both AS and A-Level courses will be expected to carry out a number of independent tasks and assignments.
You may also have the opportunity to take part in national conferences or be involved with guest-speakers or in trips abroad.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more subjects
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more