This course will encourage you to: Develop your interest in the study of history and its relation to the contemporary world, adopt an enquiring, critical and evidence based approach, reflect on and develop your own values, opinions and attitudes.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
All students will be offered revision workshops as a core part of this course.
In addition, there will be opportunities for students to hear from a range of guest speakers, both inside and outside of the Sixth Form.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more subjects
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more