A-Level Philosophy provides you with a broad introduction to the study of Philosophy. The Philosophy specification asks these fundamental questions: What can we know? Can the existence of God be proved? How do we make moral decisions? Are my mind and body separate?
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
- Subject Specific Entry Requirements
- 5 (C) in English (Lit or Lang)
You will be offered revision workshops as a core part of this course. In addition, there will be opportunities for you to hear from a range of guest speakers.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more subjects
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more