Not only will you have the chance to perform or coach a sport through the non-exam assessment component, you will also develop a wide ranging knowledge into the how and why of physical activity and sport. The combination of physical performance and academic challenge provides an exciting opportunity for students.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
We are committed to providing efficient and effective support and we are always here when you need to speak to a person about an important issue.
We run an extensive sports enrichment programme to aid your practical performance; these are at lunchtimes and at the end of the day. There will be optional trips throughout the year, including a student revision conference, and a trip to University of Bedfordshire sports science laboratory.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more courses
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more