Politics makes you think! It is concerned with political and social behaviour, and attempts to answer questions about how and why our political systems operate as they do.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
Politics is a very interesting subject because of its relevance to people and the fact that we are able to understand the world around us on a global level. One interesting thing I have learned is that, before the rise of Thatcherism, the Conservatives were once One-Nationism. One-Nationism takes a semi-liberal stance, whilst Thatcherism was a fairly right wing Capitalist group.
I do Politics revision with a group one lunchtime a week and Law revision on another day. I also attend Quiz club with some fellow students and my Politics teacher, and Debate club, too. I’m always busy here at the Sixth Form; my final free lunchtime is taken up with Dodgeball in the sports hall!
You will be encouraged to express your opinions within the safe confines of a controlled learning environment. Skills in public speaking, how to construct and communicate arguments and how to work as a team are developed in this course.
Additional support is provided in writing for academic success.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more courses
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more