A-Level Statistics provides students with a wide range of techniques for understanding and analysing data, which are increasingly important skills in a world of constant change. The emphasis of the qualification is on understanding the implications and limitations of the various techniques in the context of practical situations. The course provides useful support for a variety of other subjects, including many of the Social Sciences.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
- Subject Specific Entry Requirements
- 6 (B) in Maths
You will be taught in a small group which will be encouraged to meet together at other times during the week in a study group to support each other.
There are also times during the week when you can access staff for support where necessary.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more courses
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more