Textile design is a versatile medium that involves the creation, selection, manipulation and application of a range of materials and processes in order to create an outcome. Within this qualification there will be an emphasis on experimentation and students will have the option to choose between the following areas; Textiles for interiors, Fine art textiles and Fashion textiles.
- Standard Entry Requirements
- Grade 4 (C) in English Language or Literature and a minimum of a 3 (D) in Maths and
- At least 5 GCSEs grade 4 (C) or above (1 Vocational or Technical Qualification at Merit or above may be counted) and
- Average GCSE (best 8) of at least 4 (38 on the old points table) and
- Grade 4 (C or Merit), at least, in any subject previously studied
- Subject Specific Entry Requirements
- 5 (C) in an Art & Design subject
After class sessions in fibre arts, screen printing and extension activities.
- Attend punctually and regularly
- Work hard and complete all work within specified deadlines
- Participate in class activity and discussions
- Take responsibility for your own learning
- Treat everyone with respect
Find more courses
You can choose to start with 3 or 4 subjects. Please note that a diploma course counts as 2 subjects and you cannot take more than one diploma course. For more information about combinations please view each subjects course information and take a look at our entry requirements.Find more